Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Me, Myself & I

Since this is my third post, I wanted to give my readers [if there are any out there] some information about myself. I will be very forthright about the aspect of 'transparency' on the internet concerning bloggers. Since most blogs are from an individual point of view, I don't feel the need to divert from that tradition. That being said, I intend to keep certain aspects of my life private. I will not mention names of friends or family members unless they give me the OK. If I do mention a name, the reader should assume that it is a pseudonym. Events that happen in my life will be told in as much detail as I can remember. However, my opinions concening the world and the events that happen will be from the heart and mind, with little censoring.

So a little about me: I'm a forty-something gay male living in south Jersey. To be honest, I never thought I would be living in New Jersey, but I fell in love with a fantastic fella from the Garden State, so here I am. I must say, that it's not as bad as it seems, but I do miss my home town of Philadelphia. I work in the publishing industry as a marketing/PR manager. When I tell people that I work in publishing, their eyes get big and they say, "Oh, that must be really exciting!" Well, to be honest, it's not as exciting as most people think. But that is another story for another time. [I'm actually considering leaving the industry for another career, but I'm going to have to consider my options before I take a leap.]

I am a total geek. Though I am note the most computer savvy person [I can program in FORTRAN and Pascal with the best of them!], I am very much into all things related to science fiction, comic books, the X-files, Fringe, Star Trek and collecting action figures. I love to cook, lift weights and hang out with my friends. So, yes, it's pretty mundane.

On the flip side, I'm a total clothes horse and like shoes. [Thanks, Mom!] I believe that we have to put our best foot forward in any situation and dressing well helps in that matter. You will probably never catch me strolling down the street wearing sweat pants. Not unless I'm coming from the gym. And you can bet I will NEVER, EVER wear flip-flops. I never understood the appeal to those things.

So thanks for stopping by and I hope you stay around for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. I think that fella you moved in with was very lucky, he feels the same, I bet.

    ReplyDelete