Thursday, February 11, 2010

Death of a Genius.

I was saddened to hear that Alexander McQueen died today. While I must say that his clothes were always out of my price range [even when they were drastically discounted] they were nothing short of innovation and pure genius. I saw pictures of his last runway show in the fall of 2009 and they were astounding and surreal. Yes, he was one of those designers that made 'art that you wear', but he was always willing to not play it safe. His design aesthetic reminds me of Issey Miyake and Yohji Yamamoto.

The fashion world has lost a true visionary and I don't think I will ever see someone like McQueen in my lifetime. I hope he is now at peace.

[Shout out: The Emperor's Old Clothes]

1 comment:

  1. i got the impression that he somehow couldn't cope with the death of his mother earlier this month and that may be why he ended his life. whatever the reason it is indeed very sad news. thx for the post.

    ReplyDelete